Nichias Europe (UK) Ltd (“we”/”us”) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us. This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us. You not receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might. The contents of this statement may change from time to time, so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you engage with our website, applications, our customer service team or directly. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you).
How do we use this information?
Nichias Europe (UK) Ltd will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
- Consent: Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to: Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- Contractual performance: We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
- Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries: To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us.
- Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ needs: To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph below;
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns:
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business. In relation to any such information we send by email, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications;
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell or share your information to third parties without your explicit consent.
How long do we keep your information for?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Nichias Europe (UK) Ltd, 10th Floor, 3 Hardman Street, Manchester, M3 3HF, UK
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +44 (0) 161 932 1422
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are:
By post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, UK
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +44 (0) 303 123 1113
NICHIAS' insulation and protection technologies are active in a variety of fields. Sealing, Thermal …Read more
NICHIAS is deepening fundamental technologies and pushing their evolution into advanced technologies…Read more
The NICHIAS Group fulfils its responsibilities as a company by meeting the needs of stakeholders whi…Read more